PLC Clock to reset a Counter

but Studio5000 threw a Windows C++ error and crashed at that time.

:ROFLMAO:

This industry is such a disaster.

I.e. there's a lot of money to be made.

Someone should initiate a lawsuit so that, whatever time (coder hourly, system production, etc.) is lost to things like this earns back an equivalent discount on the license cost.

Last edited:
Someone should initiate a lawsuit so that, whatever time (coder hourly, system production, etc.) is lost to things like this earns back an equivalent discount on the license cost.

The auto makers have that covered.

A supplier causes their production line to go down due to lack of parts or a bad part that supplier can be billed anywhere from $1,500 to $4,500 per minute of downtime attributed to them.

Anything - miss a shipment because of an equipment breakdown, no electricity in the city, earthquake or flood - doesn't matter. I actually scared Rockwell Tech Support telling them I was going to pass the supplier's downtime down to them for them not calling me back for days and when that invoice got to Rockwell it would definitely effect their employment status.

Is 27 instructions considered simple, when half a dozen would do exactly the same thing?

I am not trying to be a know-it-all, I am actually just asking.

Don't get me wrong and I mean no disrespect, your explanations are great and I really enjoy reading them.

But a guy asking to write some counter values to an array doesn't need Steve Wazniaks' memoirs.

Like if I had a pimple on my bum, I don't need a post about how to do an open heart bypass operation.

Like if I had a pimple on my bum, I don't need a post about how to do an open heart bypass operation.

Yah, I get that a lot :ROFLMAO:.

This is the "give a person a fish and they are fed for a day; teach them to fish and ... they are forever AWOL on the weekend" approach.

I am pretty sure OP was missing a bit of background, specifically an understanding of the scan cycle and its significance. Just giving a solution may solve the local problem, or it may just kick the can down the road to the next problem.

It's sort of like I have a pimple on my bum, but even both hands, a flashlight, and a map aren't enough.