Lenze i510 Fault Reading

Caleb_newprog

Hey guys,

Currently struggling with a fault I get on a Lenze i510. Fault - F7180...
This happens when a piece of debris gets wedged in our track for this machine. Thus, having our maintenance wind the motor by hand just to get the carriage to move. I was finally able to see it today and I tried clearing the fault on the drive itself. I was actually able to clear it. One thing I did notice, was that when I did clear the fault, the drive then said KSTOP. Clearing the fault still did not let us move the carriage on the hmi. Need some help troubleshooting this, and yes I am working on getting something to get debris off the track. Going to be looking at the plc logic to see if there is anything I can change to make it work on that end. I am looking for some guidance and some knowledge from people that have been doing this longer than I have. (only been doing this for about a year)

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this and thank you!!!

① When changing over to another control source, the motor is first stopped with the stop method set in 0x2838:003 (P203.03).
② The motor will also be stopped if the "Run" function is deactivated or the keypad key is pressed (irrespective of the active control
source).
③ After stopping with the keypad key and before a renewed start command from another control source, the key on the keypad must
be pressed to cancel the keypad stop again ("KSTOP").

Exit KSTOP with the blue "|" key.

Last edited:
Why not tell us what fault F7180 means?

① When changing over to another control source, the motor is first stopped with the stop method set in 0x2838:003 (P203.03).
② The motor will also be stopped if the "Run" function is deactivated or the keypad key is pressed (irrespective of the active control
source).
③ After stopping with the keypad key and before a renewed start command from another control source, the key on the keypad must
be pressed to cancel the keypad stop again ("KSTOP").

Exit KSTOP with the blue "|" key.

This solved the issue, allowing maintenance to get in and out. We are going to look at some mechanical changes to the machine to make debris obscelete. :p 🍻 Woohoo!