Mitsubishi Q-series: IO Assignment page, when adding a new module...

What worries me is that there only seems to be intelligent cards & nothing beyond that, there is definitely something wrong there no Digital I/O ?
Yep it's possible but seems wrong to me, also no actual addressing.

There's a scroll bar down the side. There are more modules in the list, but I can't remember off the top of my head if they are also INTELLI or something else. I'll check tomorrow, thanks.

Last edited:
As long as the PLC upload matches the current I/O configuration hardware wise then there should be no problems I could not understand why you have two racks configured in your original file but the upload shows no modules in the second rack.

As long as the PLC upload matches the current I/O configuration hardware wise then there should be no problems I could not understand why you have two racks configured in your original file but the upload shows no modules in the second rack.

In the upload photo, index #5,6,7 are all Empty Slots (as are 8,9,10 if I scrolled down). i.e. There's 6 empty slots next to each other on the first rack. Then there's two more modules (can't remember what they are) then that's the end of the 1st rack. There's 3 racks in total.

Last edited:
As I suspected, the offline file you have doesn't show the current hardware configuration.

What probably happened:

Someone removed the cards shown in slot 4 and 5 in your original offline hardware config image, and downloaded this hardware config to the PLC, but didn't give you a copy.

You can still go online with the project and go online and see code and upload if it doesn't match, but this doesn't change the hardware config. So you can have the wrong hardware config in your file and not notice.

The problem would have came if you tried to download this incorrect hardware config at some point.

Anyways, yes it is normal for the "Model name" to not be filled in, you can just fill this in manually. But what you have to do now is add the new analog card to the UPLOADED hardware config, then download. Keep in mind with most of the Mitsubishi programs I have worked on, there are two ways of configuring a card:

1. Using the switch/detail setting in the menu you have open
2. In the Ladder program, move values into the Head address of the card

I would search for the Head address of some of the other cards and see if they are moving parameters in using the ladder program. Then you can configure the analog card the same way. Or use the menu in GX Developer that I just mentioned.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.
I must admit, I get very confused when people talk about UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD, and it's important (crucial even) that I understand it. Is UPLOAD equivalent to WRITING to the PLC?

Thanks for the reply.
I must admit, I get very confused when people talk about UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD, and it's important (crucial even) that I understand it. Is UPLOAD equivalent to WRITING to the PLC?
NO!!!
Upload is from PLC to PC.
Download is from PC to PLC.

What worries me is that there only seems to be intelligent cards & nothing beyond that, there is definitely something wrong there no Digital I/O ?
Yep it's possible but seems wrong to me, also no actual addressing.

The outputs were at the bottom of the list. The lack of StartXY is a bit concerning, but I have noted the on-screen addresses.

Screenshot_20211029_082934.jpg

PLCDontUQuitOnMe said:
As I suspected, the offline file you have doesn't show the current hardware configuration.

What probably happened:

Someone removed the cards shown in slot 4 and 5 in your original offline hardware config image, and downloaded this hardware config to the PLC, but didn't give you a copy.

You can still go online with the project and go online and see code and upload if it doesn't match, but this doesn't change the hardware config. So you can have the wrong hardware config in your file and not notice.

The problem would have came if you tried to download this incorrect hardware config at some point.

Anyways, yes it is normal for the "Model name" to not be filled in, you can just fill this in manually. But what you have to do now is add the new analog card to the UPLOADED hardware config, then download. Keep in mind with most of the Mitsubishi programs I have worked on, there are two ways of configuring a card:

1. Using the switch/detail setting in the menu you have open
2. In the Ladder program, move values into the Head address of the card

I would search for the Head address of some of the other cards and see if they are moving parameters in using the ladder program. Then you can configure the analog card the same way. Or use the menu in GX Developer that I just mentioned.

Good luck.

It appears to have worked. I updated the offline IO parameters to include the new module, powered off the PLC, inserted the module and.powered up again. Then I downloaded the new IO parameters. New module is recognised and RUN LED is illuminated.
Thanks @PLCDontUQuitOnMe & @parky.

Unfortunately only master of one, not done a bad job on it but trying to keep the old kitchen usable so taking a long time. Not my field but my father was a carpenter (joiner in some parts of the country), he was an expert in second fix & making & installing pub bars, so perhaps gained some knowledge from him.

Unfortunately only master of one, not done a bad job on it but trying to keep the old kitchen usable so taking a long time. Not my field but my father was a carpenter (joiner in some parts of the country), he was an expert in second fix & making & installing pub bars, so perhaps gained some knowledge from him.

Nice. I love doing woodwork. I was making a bookcase to fit into a niche in the house recently. Turned out well but I didn't have a router to recess the shelfs into the uprights. Can be frustrating not having the right tools sometimes.

I know the feeling I had to make a bespoke pigeon hole unit using some gloss end panels normally used as decorative ends on the cabinets, trying to cut wit a circular saw is difficult so went out & purchased a table circular saw only ÂŁ55.00 so well worth it rather than struggle it meant that the cuts were true

I know the feeling I had to make a bespoke pigeon hole unit using some gloss end panels normally used as decorative ends on the cabinets, trying to cut wit a circular saw is difficult so went out & purchased a table circular saw only ÂŁ55.00 so well worth it rather than struggle it meant that the cuts were true
Was it from Lidl, by any chance? There was a table saw on offer there recently. They do some great Thursday & Sunday special offers, always good quality too in my experience. Worth keeping your eyes peeled for them.

Sorry for the digression, moderators!

No it was from B&Q, I was in there getting some bits & pieces when I clocked it, I used it yesterday & it was good for the price.
Some years ago I did get a vacuum from lidl, it was only for use to clean the car as our other was too bulky it was fine.