TIA Portal / WinCC and windows scaling

Chireadan

Hi,

Didn't found an answer to this particular problem. As everyone probably knows if you use windows scaling of display crazy things happen to objects in WinCC panels/apps, like broken/torn gauges scattered all around the window, misaligned text, and so on. When the screen scaling is set to 100% everything works fine. The problem is, that i'm an amateur photographer and i am working on 27" 3840x2160 (4K) display. When you set windows to 100% scaling (default is 150, I'm using 125) on display with such big ppi (above 200) you have to work in TIA with magnifying glass. Is there any way do display things in WinCC panels correctly with windows scaling other than 100%? Or I have to change screen resolution?

Cheers
73 de SP3AMA

Hi,

Didn't found an answer to this particular problem. As everyone probably knows if you use windows scaling of display crazy things happen to objects in WinCC panels/apps, like broken/torn gauges scattered all around the window, misaligned text, and so on. When the screen scaling is set to 100% everything works fine. The problem is, that i'm an amateur photographer and i am working on 27" 3840x2160 (4K) display. When you set windows to 100% scaling (default is 150, I'm using 125) on display with such big ppi (above 200) you have to work in TIA with magnifying glass. Is there any way do display things in WinCC panels correctly with windows scaling other than 100%? Or I have to change screen resolution?

Cheers
73 de SP3AMA

I'm not aware of a way to get WinCC to play nicely at scaling different than 100%.

Option 1: change screen resolution.

Option 2: use magnifier tool, but I imagine that would get really tedious

Option 3: Get a 2nd monitor with less dpi. I'm a huge fan of dual monitor setups anyway. Use Portal on the new monitor, then you can have documentation/whatever on the other monitor.