VersaView? PanelView Plus CE?

Greg Dake

Greetings,​
Normally I purchase the standard Panelview Plus line of HMI's from AB. I've also purchased a VersaView in the past. Is the VersaView now what is called the PanelView Plus CE? It looks that way.​
I need to know if I can install VNC server on a PanelView Plus CE. Is there even a VNC server available for the CE OS? I see there are many VNC viewers on the web for the CE OS, but little or no VNC servers for CE. I want to acess and control the PanelView Plus CE. Has anyone done this?​
TIA,​
Greg​

Ha, yes, that's the other one I looked at. It's uncompiled and you need Visual C++ to compile it, which I do not have.

I have found a few others on the web which I will test tomorrow. If I have success I will post the link back here for future users.
Thanks for your input,

Greg

I kind of figured that you had came across that. I just figured that I'd give it a shot since nobody else was posting.

Good luck.

I got it!

We tried compiling the VNC server CE that was on Sourceforge.net and it didn't work after the compile.

I talked with a Rockwell guy and he said it is on the CD that ships with a VersaView. We dug out the CD and sure enough, it had VNC Server for CE on it! We copied the required files to CF and we installed on the VersaView. It works like a charm. We now have remote access to the Versaview.

Thanks,

Greg