FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI - Mobile Links Sample

mich281

A client wanted to know certain production data such as: OEE, Part Counts, Certain Events (Time of Occurrence, Duration,...), Machine States,... So I made a FT Metrics Configuration for this production line. To display the reports, for the moment I use Report Expert (because the templates are to use and edit).

I also installed FT VantagePoint EMI, because I wanted to develop a mobile site, so the client could also see certain reports (adapted for mobile use) on the iPhone. Rockwell developed a simple solution for this, free to use for every RA customer. It consists of a PDF (see link) and a few files to insert in the directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot\incuityportal:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/190514607/Mobile-Links-Solution-for-FTVantagePoint-EMI

It's actually a very simple design: you create a folder 'Mobile' under My Enterprise in VantagePoint EMI. You can add subfolders and reports (inside FT VantagePoint EMI) to this folder. After you have done this you can view the "mobile-friendly" page in Internet Explorer ("http://<servername>/VantagePointPortal/mobilelinks.aspx?fqn=<targetfolderFQN>"; with <servername> being the virtual machine I use for my FT Metrics and FT Transaction Manager configuration; and <targetfolderFQN> being "MyEnterpise.Mobile"). However, we have a problem to see this page on the iPhone.

So we actually want to access a web page that uses HTML and Java to call web services that are run on the server. With a Client PC in the network, we normally connect to the virtual machine using a bridged network setting and specifying a certain IP address (all of them in the same IP range, here 192.168.1.x). Does anyone have experience using this solution, or does anyone know how to connect the iPhone to the network with the reports?

Kind regards,

Mich281