You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old March 31st, 2015, 02:37 PM   #1
juanmdx
Mexico

How configure Balluff IO Module with S7-1200

Hello everyone,

Hope someone can help me, I'working with a S7-1200 project where I added two Keyence vision sensors via profinet (using the GSD file), and it worked without issues, but then I needed to add another inputs (some discrete sensors) and because some space issues I had to add an external module, I chose a Balluff IO moudule (4 I/O and 4 configurable ports) that works with Profinet.

I got the GSD for the Balluff module and could add it to the projet, I can also assign the IP address and whis works fine. Then I have to configure the module to be able to work with it, but I can't figure out how, when I go to the configuration screen of the module I see at my right all the configurations I can choose to add in each slot, I've tryed a couple but because of the hardware not being correct, my plc goes to fault mode.

Does anyone had work with something simillar?, I need to work with 8 discrete inputs on this module.

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards

Juan
Old April 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM   #2
JOLTRON
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I don't have a card like that at the moment but from what I can rememeber after you add the item to the project you had to open the device under:
Project tree > PLC > Distributed I/O > 'Your device'

I think this is where you would configure the IO / diagnostics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProfinetConfig.jpg (30.8 KB, 17 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum