RSLinx and RSLogix 500

ubay

U
i am new in using PLC. Our university have SLC-500 with RSLogix 500 as the Ladder programing languange and RSLinx Lite which came with the RSLogix 500.

first time i use it, there's nothing wrong with the PLC.
but later on, in the RSLinx showed red sign then i remove it as it told in the help files... so the devices is gone..

but after that i can't communicate with the SLC500...
btw. i communicate with RS232

i try so many ways.. using Ethernet but it's still can't came up with anything..

i also had done configure drivers, and drivers doagnostic ... and i got that there's communication ---> seen from packets sent and reply but i still can't detect my PLC...

is there anybody know hoe to fix this problems ??
i need it as soon as possible... please...

now i'm in desperate condition... :(
help me pleaaaseeee.....

thenk you for all the advise..

mail me at : [email protected] or [email protected]

linx

What driver do you have in rslinx configuration? In rs500, check tools>options>system communications and make sure 500 is looking at the driver you have in linx.

What is the processor you are using. If you are using modular type then you can remove the processor from the chassis and short the VBB and GND terminal with 150 ohms resistor. This will clear the processor memory and default configuration will be loaded.

If you are using a fixed controller there no option like this.

Sounds like you have downloaded a program with a new comms setting.
ie baud rate may be different.
Check the channel config/ Channel 0 in the offline program.
Set your linx driver to the same settings.

Ooops...
I think before you can view the PLC in the RSWho, the first thing you must doing is configure the RS232 driver(ABDF1) correctly.
To configure it you can use the Auto Configure ABDF1 fasility from RSLinx.
Please check ABDF1 status on Configure driver on the RSlinx, where it must be have RUNNING status.If not running yet, specify the comport (COM1,COM2)that you are using on the ABDF1 configuration.It must be correct too.