FIFO instruction in Melsoft Gx Developer to RsLogix 500

epicnote

Hi all,

How to apply FIFO instruction in RsLogix 500 so that it can operate same like FIFW/FIFR from Melsoft?

Thanks in advance

Epic,

That is a tough question. To answer well, a person would have to be very familar with both RSLogix500 and Melsoft. I am familar with RSLogix, but not Melsoft. Perhaps if you could post the details of the the FIFW and FIFR instructions, I could help you to find your answers.

It is Melsec A series PLC. Attached is the detail for the FIFW/FIFR instruction. Hope you guys can help me to apply this instructions in RsLogix 500.

Thanks

Epic,

It looks like you are going to have an easy task to make the conversion. THe FIFW appears to be very compatible to the RSLogix FFL (FIFO Load), and the FIFR is similar to the RSLogix FFU (FIFO Unload).

Melsoft FIFW parameter (S) = RSLogix FFL "Source", stores the value to be entered next into the FIFO stack.

Melsoft FIFW parameter (D) = RSLogix FFL "FIFO", is the address of the stack. The same address is programmed for the FFL and FFU instructions.

Melsoft FIFW parameter "Data storage position" = head address of data table + content of pointer, where RSLogix FFL and FFU "Position" word is the next available location where the instruction loads data into the stack. This value changes after each Load or Unload operation.

The RSLogix FFL and FFU also have additional parameters, such as Length (total number of stack words), and the Control file address, where the status bits, stack length, and the position value are stored.