upgrading SQL server in Factory talk view

mahone

hi all,

cyber security team finds sql 2008 server to be vulnerable and asked me to upgrade to the latest. can Factory talkview support other SQL server versions?

thanks

That is a very interesting question, but probably you should direct it straight at RA.

Perhaps you should consider segregating your SCADA network away from the corporate network, I'm sure managed switches can do this.

SQL Upgrade

Friends,

SQL 2008 is at End of Life and I have a who customer wants to update to a currently supported SQL Version. The HMI is FT View 8.1. The latest version compatible with that is SQL 2014.

Has anyone updated from 2008 to 2014?

I have a ticket in with RA Tech Support and waiting for an answer.

The only You Tube video on it does not appear to have any sound.

I am looking on the Microsoft website but they are showing upgrades to 2016 and 2019.

If anyone has a suggestion as to where I can look it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are we talking about the SQL Server that FTView uses internally or an "external" SQL Server used for datalogging and such?

Thanks for the Question John,

The one that is installed with the FT View for Trends and Alarms and Events. SQL Server 2008 R2.

Not one that is install as part of a Historian or 3rd party software.

Since you're connecting to SQL Server via ODBC, I think you can use any version of SQL. I don't remember having an issue using a SQL version that wasn't officially supported.

SQL server

my experience is that it works pretty well with newer SQL server versions. For quite a long time we use the SQL server 2016, because it has some new functions for the SSRS reporting.