Uploading from Micro830

recondaddy

Hello everyone,

I'm about to start a project for a client that involves reverse engineering a machine that was developed with a Micro830. This will be my first experience with the Micro800 platform and Connected Components Workbench.

He keeps sending me only the Solution file (.ccwsln) to peruse, and I've informed him that there are other folders and files required to open the project.

If he doesn't have an offline copy of all the project files and folders that I need, and I have to go out to the facility to upload them, myself, will an upload from the controller bring in all the files and folders that comprise the entire project?

Just need to know what to expect.

Thanks so much!
Jeremy

I'm assuming (He) has the original program, if he does have him export the program and then send that to you, you would then import and you will have everything you need.

Also, yes if you can hook up to micro830 and do an UPLOAD you will get everything you need.

But keep in mind there may be some version difference. "Firmware, CCW".

make sure to "Upload with Logical values" to get current data.
Also there is an Export project to ?.ccwarc that they should use to send you the project properly. Then you can Import it.