determining Thanksgiving

G
I have a project where I need inhibit certain things on holidays. I have figured all the needed holidays even taking into account if they fall on weekend and the day off is on Monday or Friday.

Thanksgiving U.S. has me stumped. It is the 4th Thursday of November, not the last like I thought ( if it was the last Thursday this would be easy). Without using counters, meaning counting the Thursdays in November, Can anyone point me in the right direct to determine when it is Thanksgiving ? I do not want to use counters because the PLC will tuned off quite often and if it is left off for more than a week in Nov I can’t count the Thursdays.

I know I could look up the dates for next 15 years (already did) but I did not do this for all the other holidays and I want to keep everything consistent

I am using an Allen Bradley 1200 Micro with real time clock

Jim

Try THIS PAGE.

Oh, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

turkey.gif

beerchug

-Eric