Micrologix 1100 and Ethernet/IP barcode reader

SCUBA NooB

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a Micrologix 1100 to receive barcodes from a CLV 6.xx series barcode reader. The CLV has Ethernet/IP output and does work with Controllogix, the Micrologix has Ethernet/IP and there is a generic CIP message function but I have no idea if this means the Micrologix and CLV will "talk". It would be helpful if someone can tell me Yes/No before I spent XX hours trying to get it to work.
Thanks

I don't have direct experience with these two devices, but I'm about 70% optimistic this will work.

Many devices that are intended to exchange I/O connections with ControlLogix can have the I/O data accessed by an SLC-5/05 or MicroLogix 1100/1400 using the CIP Generic Message instruction.

This doesn't make the SLC/MicroLogix into an I/O scanner and absolutely should not be used for actual control-reliable connections.

If CLV can tell you the Assembly (Class 0x04) numbers and structures you can try reading and writing those with the MicroLogix and the CIP Generic message. Those values (Class, Instance, Attribute and size) are usually part of the documentation for devices that connect to a ControlLogix using the Generic Module object.

There are sometimes more complex configuration or speed or Control Supervisor object reasons this won't work, but it may be worth a try for you.

If your system really needs a CompactLogix, use a CompactLogix.