Micrologix 1000

dgreen

I have just gotten a new toy, a micrologix 1000. I am used to the slick 500's but have never played with micrologix. My laptop seems to be unable to communicate with the micrologix. I am using the AB cable laptop to processor. I changed my driver to DF1 it shows as AB_DF1 but I get an error message that the device is not a PLC. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Any suggestions?

to connect to the micrologix plc's we have i use a 1761-cbl-pm02
cable with a serial port on one end and micrologix port on other.
unclick auto browse in rslinx and then configure drivers.
i stop and delete any drivers currently loaded and running and then
i add a new driver....rs-232 driver. when the box comes up to configure that driver i just hit auto-configure and it is done.

sometimes if i reboot my computer it solves alot of rslinx communication problems.

hop this helps a bit
mark

cbohn, Download this PDF file attached (zipped), It contains a "Getting started" for installing and running the ML1000 units.

I can't remember the source of the file (maybe MrPLC.com !)

this might help ...

error message that the device is not a PLC

no guarantees but usually a message like this means that the version of software you're using is too old to recognize a newer version of hardware ... updating the software will often take care of the problem ...

Yeah that's strange (but strange is the world we live in), the SLC's use the same driver as the micrologix's (AB_df1 DH485 Sta:0) Just out of curiosity, do you have a serial port you're using or do you have a USB to serial converter you're using to link up? I ran into a similar problem when I got a new laptop and it didn't have a serial port. The guys at Rockwell Automation had to talk me through some tinkering I had to do in windows and then with RSL.

WOAH HANG ON.... I just remembered something dumb I did once way way way back.....
It was on a new little one, had like 6 in and 5 outs or something like that. Unlike the the 12's or 15's where you can override the COMM setup, the 1000's have no such button. (if you called Rockwell and got it taken care of then disregard)

What model 1000 are you using? What's your DF1 configuration under "Channel Configuration"?

Yeah I agree with the other fellow who said to remove the PIC driver, and also with making sure you have the correct EDS file.