Compact Logix L32E and Sick DT-50 Laser Sensor

dmayhugh

Good Afternoon,

I am having problems with a Sick DT-50 Laser sensor communicating to the analog input card (1769-IF4/B).

Have the sensor wired up and getting power. I can see the sensor changing values but I do not see the raw value on the card.

The cable from the Sensor to the card has been replaced. The analog input card has been replaced. The sensor has been replaced.

Usually can plug and play but this one is not working that way.

Any assistance it greatly appreciated as this is a time sensitive delivery.

Thank you,

In Studio 5000 go to the Configuration tab for the 1769-IF4 and verify that there's a checkbox to Enable the input channel, and that it's set up for the type of signal (current loop or voltage) and scaling range you desire.

By default when you insert the module into Studio 5000, all the channels are disabled, because RA wants you to explicitly go to that tab to set up the data format and range.

The person that wrote the program does not have the configuration tab. On my laptop I have the configuration tab and enable the channel. We are going out to make sure it works.

Thank you

The person that wrote the program does not have the configuration tab.

Hmm. More likely, they just aren't sure where to look. I haven't used the Service Edition recently but that tends to gray things out, rather than hiding them entirely.

If you genuinely don't have the Configuration tab, you can set up the Configuration directly from the configuration tag assembly.

On my controller, the IF4 is in Slot 4, so the Enable bit for Channel 0 is "Local:4:C.Ch0En", a Controller-scope BOOL tag.

Configurations are sent whenever the controller powers up or when a "module reconfiguration" message is sent, so the easy thing to do would be to cycle power.

He has Studio 5000 version 24 loaded on his laptop. I have Studio 5000 Version 24 and 26 loaded on my laptop. Rockwell on their site states that a person needs at least Version 25 loaded to be able to see the configuration tab.

the config tab for some time now are you looking in the right spot.

double click your IF4 card in the IO tree and it should be there.

can you go online with the controller at all and view the tag Ken mentioned

...Rockwell on their site states that a person needs at least Version 25 loaded to be able to see the configuration tab.

Where does it state this? The 1769-IF4 pre-dates version 25 by a long, long time. I've never heard of configuration tabs being missing on different versions of RSLogix/Logix Designer.

Dmayhugh, I was skeptical, but I think I found the issue described in the Knowledgebase; it's not just a matter of "the 1769-IF4 isn't supported until v25" but rather an anomaly that involves the add-on profile Core code for some modern servos.

Knowledgebase article 790523 (Access Level: Everyone) shows the inaccessible Properties tab in such a circumstance where one new servo AOP was added and broke the older pre-installed Module profiles.

The fix is to install v25 or newer of Studio 5000.

If that's not possible because of time or storage constraints, another kludgy workaround would be to set up the module configuration on another computer, then look at the values in the Configuration tag and copy them over manually.

Ken you are correct. We were searching to see why he lost the properties tab. That is exactly where we found this. We just did a job with a servo motor and had to install the AOP. Since we did this he lost properties tab. I have V26 and had the properties tab.