Help for abb ac500 opc server

Hi everybody.
I don't know if this is the right section to post...however..

I'm working with abb ac500 and i'm trying to connect with OPC the plc with 2 pc.
In one pc i have abb control builder (codesys) and from that i load the control application in the plc.
In the other pc i have matlab OPC toolbox and i use that as a client. Now the problem is that Matlab OPC Toolbox see the Codesys OPC Server only if i have installed before the abb control builder ( and so codesys opc server) in the pc with Matlab.
Is there a way to connect Matlab to OPC server of the PLC without had installed before the abb control builder?

Wait your answer..

Regards,
Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

If I understand your situation correctly, you have 2 PC's, one with a codesys OPC Server, and one with Matlab (acting as the OPC Client). You seem to be having some sort of browsing issue between the computers.

You haven't mentioned anything about it, but from the symptoms you describe, this could be a DCOM problem. If I were you, I'd rule this out first as it is easily the most common issue. What you're describing could be a problem with communicating with opcenum, the OPC Server listing agent.

Common problem areas:
-Firewalls (dcom uses dynamically allocated ports)
-Cross domain/workgroup (dcom uses windows authentication. No authentication = no dcom communication)
-DCOM configuration on OPCEnum and on the OPC Server.

The OPC Foundation has a document called "Using OPC via DCOM with Windows XP Service Pack 2" that is available here: http://www.opcfoundation.org/Downloads.aspx?CI=282
It's a good, complete guide to configuring DCOM for remote OPC connections.

HI andrea
I try to make connection by ABB AC500 and labview by opc server
pls can you help me if you solved your problem in matlab
I just want to create codesys opc server
I used Win 10 and Win 7 64bits