Communication Issue

galaxian11

I am having problem with communication between a Compactlogix 5380 using version 30 and a Panelview Plus 6, 700 version 6.1. I have the PLC Ethernet/IP
mode set to A1/A2:Linear/DLR...PLC and HMI connected to N-Tron switch. The PLC IP is 192.168.1.100 and HMI 192.168.1.101. I can download to both from my PC, but the PLC and HMI do not communicate. Can someone please help me? Thank you...

Is your shortcut setup correctly? Make sure you're pointing your shortcut to the PLC. Make sure your pages work when you press the play button in FTVME. If it is working like it should, copy the shortcut to the runtime tab. When you download, make sure you Replace Communications.

Good Luck.

Technote #1030822 indicates you need FW 9.0 for your Panelview to correctly support V30 FW for Control and CompactLogix.

Now, I've had the same problem before w/ a PVP 6.1 FW and talking to a L7x processor, which I solved by manually changing the runtime device from a L7x to a L6x processor. You *might* be able to accomplish the same thing by changing to an older compactlogix in your shortcut.

On a different note, I’d change the IP addresses away from “192.168.1.xxx”. That is by far the most common address scheme out there if for no other reason than it is the default in about 80% of the Ethernet equipment sold (usually 192.168.1.1). .100 is also a very common fourth octet so you’re opening yourself up for hacking.

Yes...all the subnet masks are the same. Also...the shortcut seems to be set up correctly. I can test the app and it works fine. I tried creating another runtime application, then selected the "Replace Comms" before I downloaded, but still no luck. I will try Dravik's solution since I am also using a PV with FW 6.1 and Compactlogix FW30.

Thanks so far for everyone's input!!

OK...I finally got a chance to get back here and post the outcome of my issue.
I found out that Dravik was almost correct in that I needed a later FW version for the Panelview to support the FW version 30 Compactlogix. My Panelview Plus needed at least FW version 8.2.

Thanks everyone for the support!!