timers in unity pro xl

tparker809

i have a problem with using timers in unity pro. the scenario is as follows, tank fills to 240 inches then fill stops, starts agitating for 2 minutes at 20 hz, when that times out it waits one minute then agitates reverse for 5 minutes, then stops and waits for temp to reach 150, as soon as temp reaches 150 process vavle opens and drive agitates at 10 hz till tank level reaches 50 inches. then it waits one minute and restarts the process over again. i cannot for the life of me get these timers working right, i've tried "tof" and "ton" everything i try stops and doesnt restart or wont start at all.... anything you could offer me would be greatly appreciated

i have a problem with using timers in unity pro. the scenario is as follows, tank fills to 240 inches then fill stops, starts agitating for 2 minutes at 20 hz, when that times out it waits one minute then agitates reverse for 5 minutes, then stops and waits for temp to reach 150, as soon as temp reaches 150 process vavle opens and drive agitates at 10 hz till tank level reaches 50 inches. then it waits one minute and restarts the process over again. i cannot for the life of me get these timers working right, i've tried "tof" and "ton" everything i try stops and doesnt restart or wont start at all.... anything you could offer me would be greatly appreciated

Sounds simple enough, what is and isn't happening ?

Post an image of your code or print to pdf and post that, we can take a look then.

tank full-> tp 2 min driving agitation at 20 Hz
agitation f_trig -> tp 1 minute timeout
timeout f_trig -> tp 5 minute reverse agitation
f_trig reverse agitation ....

you could use a state machine that represents what the machine should be doing, and use the timers to switch between states. that way if some part of the process fails you will know what it was meant to be doing and could restart (instead of just having the state represented by whatever timer is running)