WW Intouch Sql Select

swayne76

Hello,
I have an Intouch application that I am using a Sql select script to retrieve information from a database.

SQLSelect(ConnectionId,"Table1", "values","column1='123456'","");

This is working. What i am needing help with is how do i reference a tag value instead of '123456'.

Thanks

Do you have to have Intouch Historian to connect from Intouch to SQL or can you connect directly from Intouch to SQL?

Thanks for the replies. I have already created the bind list and I am retrieving data when i manually type a number in the "Where" expression. JaxGTO I believe that is the syntax I was looking for. Tried just about everything else lol. I dont think i had my "+" sign in correctly when i tried that syntax. I will try it Monday morning at update. Thanks again for your help!

Sorry I have another question. How do i return the data from just one other column? Right now I am returning data from 5 other columns that are referencing the string tag from column 1.

Thanks

SQLSelect(ConnectionId,"Table1", "values","column1='" + stringtag + "' and column2='" + stringtag2 + "'","");

Your where clause can be anything you can use in an SQL Select statement including match and SQL functions. And the last "" in the select can be used to Order By, for example "Column1" will sort by that column and "Column1 desc" will sort in descending order.