GE Proficy 9.0 - Remote I/O Communication Failure

CJlikesCHAIRS

Hello everyone,

I have a GE IC695 CPE305 PLC with 3 remote panels. I am using ethernet to communicate with an IC695 PNC001 (in the main panel) and 3 remote IC695 PNS001 s.

My only question is: Am I able to tell when I lose communication to a specific panel (or the communication card realistically)? I need to have seperate alarms to say "Filter 1 RIO - Communication failure" (etc. for 3 panels). I can do this in AB Logix5000 easily but don not know my way around GE software/hardware as well.

I am having some trouble looking for this in manuals and I'm a PLC noob, so I have trouble explaining what I need to people who are way above my level.

Thank you to anyone who can help me in advance!

I have never used either of those modules, but I located the manuals for the two modules. The manual for the IC695PNC001 is GFK-2571. The manual for the IC695PNS001 is GFK-2737.
Chapter 4 of GFK-2571 describes the PNIO_DEV_COMM function block which looks like it will do what you need.

You can monitor each device with a PINO_DEV_COMM instruction and put a contact and monitor each device. Might check in your launch discovery tool to make sure each device is green status meaning it is configured correctly and communicating. Make sure all the network address are correct and you need the correct name of each device to be exact. Sometime when you download your application it writes to the correct device sometime you need to set it up manually. Make sure your computer network is on the same address and you might have to disable your antivirus if it blocks network intrusion. Symantac does block.

pino.jpg pino1.jpg