ML1100 to ML1400

RMore

I have a program written for the ML1100 that I must get to work in a ML1400 (apparently, the ML1000 is reaching end of life soon).

When I change the processor from ML1100 to ML1400, I immediately get errors relating to the OSR function due to the difference ways the two PLCs handle the OSR function. Can someone explain the difference? What do I need to do to replace the OSR fucntion on he ML1100 with the OSR function on the ML1400?

The rung on the ML1100 version is currently as follows:
T4:20 B3:2
|---[OSR]-------------(L)---------|
DN 15

Also, is there a document that explains what needs to be considered when migrating from ML1000 to ML1400?

That's news to me. The standard instruction set should be the same. What's the error? Also, make sure the data-table matches.

RMore,

From the title down, your post is littered with incorrect references to the "ML1100" instead of the "ML1000". This is somewhat confusing to readers trying to help you. The only way to be sure which you meant was to know that the OSR works differently in the MicroLogix 1000 to all the others. Just try to double-check your posts in future, if you can.

gbradley said:
Try changing your OSR to ONS.

That will do it. The ONS in the other MicroLogix controllers is the equivalent to the OSR in the MicroLogix 1000.

Seeing as you are converting an entire program this should prove helpful in your quest...

719811 - MicroLogix 1000: Instructions that don't convert from MicroLogix 1000 to other MicroLogix controllers
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

Last edited:
As stated above they should be the same.

Your example is not an "OSR" instruction for a ML1100. Could be a ML1000 or a SLC500

The OSR instruction for the MicroLogix 1100/1400 does not
provide the same functionality as the OSR instruction for
the MicroLogix 1000 and SLC 500 controllers. For the
same functionality as the OSR instruction for the
MicroLogix 1000 and SLC 500 controllers, use the ONS
instruction.

TIP The ONS instruction for the MicroLogix 1400 provides the same
functionality as the OSR instruction for the MicroLogix 1000 and
SLC 500 controllers.

Edit: Geospark types faster then I do and a whole lot better explanation.

ML1100 is actually ML1000

Geospark, Thanks for correcting my error. It is, in fact a ML1000 that I am converting.

Also thanks for the link. Very helpful.

RMore,

Seeing as you are converting an entire program this should prove helpful in your quest...

719811 - MicroLogix 1000: Instructions that don't convert from MicroLogix 1000 to other MicroLogix controllers
Access Level: Everyone