Nematron

JohnnyJones

Hi,

I have a Nematron HMI that's playing up.

Does anyone know what software I need to talk to it?

Has anyone managed to replace one with a modern equivalent?

It's on a DH+ network with 4 other PLC5s, I can get onto the network but it doesn't show up on RS Who. It has a weigher card wired into it, it displays the weight in a vessel and allows the operator to change values for different recipes. The operators PC running Wintelligent View also displays these values so there is communication somewhere.

It keeps freezing and the operator powers it off and on. I don't feel I have much time.

What model is the Nematron? All of the Nematrons I've worked with are just basically industrial PCs that ran a Windows NT operating system. Ours ran Wonderware for the graphics but I assume you could use any windows based HMI software. Do you have any type of splash screen or software startup screen when the PC is booted up? This should give you the name of the software it is running so you can determine what you will need to edit/upgrade the graphics. Since all of ours were running Wonderware, we upgraded to the newer Allen-Bradley windows based panelviews and used a newer version of Wonderware. The upgrade process was pretty easy the last time I had to do it. I think I went from InTouch version 7 to version 9.5. The software did most of the conversion itself, I just had to update the OPC tag server.

Man, you must have the last Nematoad left in existence. I haven't heard that name in more than 20 years!!

Not at all. I still have a customer with two of them running Wonderware 4.1!

I keep telling them to upgrade but the things just wont die.