Maple Systems HMI5104TH copy files from SD card via ethernet

Epy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings all,

I have an 5104TH HMI set up to log data to an SD card on an interval. It's hooked up to the network with a certain IP.

We are wanting to copy the files that are on the SD card to our PCs over the ethernet connection using the EZWare 5000 software. In Project Manager, we select 'Upload', then in that dialog, select the 5104TH option in the dropdown and select 'Extend Memory (EM)' and 'EM file location: CF/SD card' and put the IP address in the proper box as well. When we hit upload, it seems to connect to the HMI like normal but copies nothing. We have tried selecting 'Data log' and 'Event log' in the list of things to upload and they copy nothing as well. The only thing that we have stored is this event log to the SD card, and nothing we try will copy the contents of the SD card that we can see.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there another way to remotely collect log data from Maple HMIs? We're trying to avoid driving out to sites to take SD cards out and copy files manually.

Thanks for your help.

I dont think that you can read what is aon the CF card remotly, however see the attatched files they may be of help to you. Also Maple Systems has a good technical support, so if you have any more question give them a call.

I have used a remote upload from a 5070TH, but not exactly the way you want to do it. I have VNC enabled on the HMI and an "upload" button on the screen. By connecting to the HMI with VNC the "upload" button can be pushed remotely.
You have to have the Easyprinter task configured for Backup and "Output Enable" On and running on the host when you do this.
If you don't like having VNC enabled for security reasons, the alternative is to do a scheduled upload by using a PLC bit to push the button. Of course the Easyprinter task has to be running and ready to receive at the scheduled time.

Thanks guys! I think the EasyPrinter and Backup object functionality is just what I need. The FTP server functionality may also work too.