Factorytalk change Projects path

Tanquen

I’ve got a new PC for a project and it has a small SSD for the boot C drive and a large 930GB RAID D drive. I thought it would be a good idea to put all the application stuff in the D drive but many apps and Rockwell want to put lots of stuff in your users folder. How do you guys handle this? Is there a way to update the FactoryTalk default paths? I did install FactoryTalk View SE on the D drive.

Its Rockwell so it is harder than it should be. :(

I like this: “Any version of FactoryTalk View SE (including 9.0) will not automatically modify these registry keys during the install. The keys must be manually edited.” They should ask you when you change the install path but oh well.

It sounds like they are having you change the location of common Windows folders not changing where Rockwell puts stuff. Lame and sounds dangerous.