PowerFlex 525 and CompactLogix - Fault 1 Code from Drive Won't Clear

Good Afternoon ,

I am working on a project on the desk , and I am getting DC Bus Voltage , Current , and Fault Codes from my PowerFlex 525 to my CompactLogix. The only fault I have gotten from the drive , during commisioning , is 73 ( F073 EN Net Loss) . I am able to clear the actual drive fault , from my HMI , using the Clear Fault tag to the drive , but the Fault 73 ( F073 EN Net Loss) is still present from the drive. I tried to type a 0 in it to override it , but it refered back to 73. I have this on all 3 drives. What could be causing this ?

Thanks so much in advance ,

That datalink will give you the last recorded fault - not the present fault. It's "fault 1 in the history", not "number one fault".

There's no way to stop it reporting that value - typically what I do here is map it all into an AOI, then have an output DINT tag called "FaultCode" which I set to zero if the drive is healthy, and if I get a "fault" signal from the drive I move the "Fault 1 Code" from the drive into the AOI's "FaultCode" output.

[edit] It's actually pretty useful to have that value hang around, because even if operators reset the fault and keep going, you can look and see what it was after the event

Thanks for the advice ,

So the Fault Code that I am seeing will be overwritten by a new fault , correct ? So for example , 73 ( F073 ) will stay around , until another fault such as F005 ( OverVoltage ) , overwrites it , correct ?

Also , I would like to display Freq.Drive alarm details on the HMI. I took notice that the alsrms are , for example F002 to F127. My question is , how will the fault code , from the drive , display . 002 or 2 ? I would like to use a Multistate Indicator so that I can display detail , and troubleshooting tips on the HMI.

Thanks Again ,

Correct, that fault code is the top fault in the queue, so if any other fault occurs, the new fault bumps the previous one down the list and the new fault code shows up in FaultCode1.

The fault code is an integer. So fault code F002 will literally be transmitted as "0000_0000_0000_0010" which, if you choose to view it as an integer, will be "2".