Siemens S5 100 program upload from EEprom

Kryan

I've been asked to look into a Siemens S5 problem. The PLC seems to have lost its program and I have a copy on EEProm but I don't know if when I plug the EEProm into the cpu and select copy if it will copy to the EEProm or from the EEProm to the cpu. We have no manuals for this and no paper copies of the ladder logic so I don't want to try copying unless I'm sure its going the right way.

To restore a program from eeprom to the PLC, just clear the cpu (either by doing an overall reset or by removing the battery for 1/2 hour with the power off. Then with the power still off insert the eprom and power up, it will automatically see that there is no program and will load the contents of the eprom