TSX micro and GSM modem

ioannis

I want to connect a TSX Micro PLC of Modicon – Telemecanique (TSX3722) to a GSM Modem, in order to send and receive SMS messages.
For these I use a PCMCIA Type III communication card TSX SCP 111, which is connected, through a cable RS232, to a GSM modem (TC35 of SIEMENS). The PCMCIA supports 3 protocols: Character mode, UNI-TELWAY and Modbus and the GSM modem can be controlled and programmed by means of AT commands.
The only function of the software PL7PRO that supports the AT commands is the CALL_MODEM, which can be used only with the TSXMDM 10 card (card for communication with switched telephone network) and not with the TSX SCP 111 card.
Does anyone know what can I do in order to solve my problem?

TSX and GSM

Hi

I think the TSX Micro is a re-branded IDEC Micro 3 PLC, which itself has been superceeded by the MicroSmart. The MicroSmart can be set up to send SMS messages, with embeded variables, via a GSM Modem - look at www.sendtech.co.uk and www.cyberneticbe.com for more details.

Mark