Siemens S5 Integrator Needed

craigsimon

We have a plant in Reynosa, Mexico that has a machine with a Siemens S5 controller in it. I am not sure of the actual model. The processor is now in error mode. I haven't gathered much information yet, but they will be looking for a local (if possible) Siemens integrator that can debug and fix the processor. We don't have many Siemens, thus we don't have the expertise or software here to debug it ourselves. I will be gathering more info over time, but was wondering if anyone on this forum is in the McAllen, TX area and has Siemens expertise and software. Again, all I know at this time is the PLC is in error mode. They have 3 identical machines and switched two controllers and the error mode moved with the PLC. They say the battery is good, but not sure if the battery was removed with power off.

Thanks

do you have a soft copy of the S5 plc program? then switch quickly to S7 plc. there is a software to convert the program (some errors might occur, but they can be easily rectified according to the logic of the machine).

We have no step5 or step7 software. I am also located in Minnesota which is a plane ride to Mexico. That is why we are looking for a local systems integrator to look into the problem for us. The other option, which we will probably do, is to get the machine vendor in and fix the problem. They are not local and will cost more to get in. I was told that our Reynosa plant has the source program. They also have 2 other machines that are working that are identical, so if they do not have the source code, the integrator should be able to suck it out of one and put to put into the broken one.

Thanks

Search for Siemens Distributors they will know someone

Searching from:
McAllen, Texas, United States

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Inc
2904 NORTH HIBISCUS ST
PHARR, TX 78577

P (956)702-3530
F (956)702-3989
3.06 milesmap
drive 2C E D INC #2888
4725 A TOWERWOOD DR
BROWNSVILLE, TX 78521

P (956)838-2080
F (956)838-2677
52.15 milesmap
drive

craigsimon said:
We have a plant in Reynosa, Mexico that has a machine with a Siemens S5 controller in it. I am not sure of the actual model. The processor is now in error mode. I haven't gathered much information yet, but they will be looking for a local (if possible) Siemens integrator that can debug and fix the processor. We don't have many Siemens, thus we don't have the expertise or software here to debug it ourselves. I will be gathering more info over time, but was wondering if anyone on this forum is in the McAllen, TX area and has Siemens expertise and software. Again, all I know at this time is the PLC is in error mode. They have 3 identical machines and switched two controllers and the error mode moved with the PLC. They say the battery is good, but not sure if the battery was removed with power off.

Thanks

Problem with the S5 CPU, the backup battery is on the power supply. As soon as the CPU is removed, whatever time it takes for the onboard capacitors to discharge, the RAM is lost.

Thanks to everyone.

I didn't even think about looking for a local distributor. They should point me in hte correct direction. Also, it is good to know about the battery being on the PS not the CPU. Our guys in Mexico are pretty good, so hopefully they knew that.

Thanks again