High Speed Counter on FX0S

sara

Hi, me again!

Having quite successfully programmed a nice sequence into my PLC for a stepper, I have now been told that we need more user interaction, i.e. they can interrupt the sequence and start a different motion.

This is fine but I need to be able to tell the stepper how to reset itself. The problem I have is that this PLC is too old a version to have a pulse counter included on board, so I've had to wire the high speed output to the high speed counter intput. The high speed counter doesn't seem to be able to give me any value.

Ideally, when interrupted, I could take the value from the counter, reverse the stepper, and tell it to send out that many pulses again. But I only get a 0 off the counter, even if I try to MOV its value to a register or ADD it to another.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Sara.

The high speed counters start at C235 (For X0)

But X0 will not show in your logic (in fact it must not)

You can use the 'always on' bit to enable it or anything.

(These are 32 bit counters - so to move the value would need double word move)