Button to open specific File on HMI

Micash143

Using Factory Talk SE (network Distributed) client for HMI. Looking to see if I can create a set of buttons on a screen that will open up separate files on the server where they live. I have created some pdf files with training/technical information specific to the page that is displayed on the HMI. Instead of having my operators have to track this down in a book in the control room, I would like for them to be able to open it up and see it on the portable HMIs they carry around.

Use a button and some VBA script. Map the network location of the PDF's to a drive (the same drive) on each client you want to be able to open the documents.