Allen Bradley Panel View Plus 1250 Application upload

gsmoh2000

Dear All

i face very strange problem , i have allen bradley system with HMI (panel view plus 1250)through direct connection i try to make application program upload for HMI but it doesn't work
i read the manual and do what exactly in this manual

i connect my laptop through USB port + USB/Serial converter + Allen Bradley serial cable
i made a new connection by RSlinx but manually configured not auto configure and it doesn't work also
i open ME transfer tools but i don't have except backplane and Ethernet
i try to open RS studio and see terminal setting but it doesn't show serial connection
so what can i do to solve this problem because it really series matter to me

regards

Mohamed

what kind of cable are you using to comm between pc and your PanelView? I Think that usb-serial adapters do not work! try to use a direct serial com port with no usb-serial adapters!

I don't even bother with a serial cable. Go right for ethernet.

The alternative is download via Compact Flash. That's the easiest.

On the CF card create the following folder structure under the drive letter. In this case the letter is “E:”. This folder structure is required such that the Panelview Plus can locate the MER file when you insert it. Make sure the spelling is correct for each folder name.

Under E: create folder: Rockwell Software
Under “Rockwell Software” create folder: RSViewME
Under “RSViewME” create folder: Runtime

Copy your MER file into Runtime
Put the Compact Flash into the PVP

On the PVP
Press F4 to enter Terminal Settings
Select File Management and press enter
Select Copy Files and press enter
Press F1 to select the source as External Storage 1
Highlight your MER file and press F2 to copy to internal Storage as destination.

Mohamed,

You may be confused by the difference between RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic.

RSLinx Classic is used by RSLogix 5, 500, and 5000, as well as many other software applications, to provide access to controllers. It includes the DF1 Full Duplex driver which has the familiar "Autoconfig" button.

RSLinx Enterprise is used exclusively by FactoryTalk View software. It has a separate driver system that is configured only from within FactoryTalk View.

RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise cannot share hardware resources; if you are using the RSLinx Classic DF1 driver, you cannot also run RSLinx Enterprise on the same COMxx port without first shutting down the other software application.

Go back to the Getting Results manual and carefully follow the instructions for creating a DF1 driver in RSLinx Enterprise, which will then be available for you to use to connect to PanelView Plus terminal with the Application Transfer Utility.

It is also important that your PanelView Plus terminal have a running copy of the DF1 driver in it own onboard RSLinx Enterprise software. If you have deleted the driver from the terminal's configuration, or if you are using a KepServer Enterprise driver on that serial port, you will not be able to upload or download anything to the terminal over the serial port.

You can perform a default configuration reset on the terminal, or you can use an alternate mechanism (Ethernet, CompactFlash, or USB) to transfer the applications to and from the PanelView Plus terminal.

Dear all
thanks so much for your replies
regarding adapter i check and it was OK , no problem in it
regarding compact flash i understand that way you mention is download but i want to upload from HMI to my laptop
regarding the third post , dear Ken thanks so much again for the reply , i check again the RSlinx Enterpise communication tree and try to configure the serial port again but no way
i found KEPserever serial port but the driver can't be loaded.
i try to make default reset to terminal setting but nothing works so i need your advice regard this matter.
regards
Mohamed

1. Be sure that the serial cable is a "straight through" cable, not a 1747-CP3 or 1756-CP3 "null modem" cable.

2. You can use the PV+ terminal's File Management screen to copy a *.MER file from the Internal Storage card to the External Storage card and then remove the external card. This is the same as "uploading" the *.MER file using a communication network.

3. In the RSLinx Enterprise configuration screen, select RSLinx Enterprise, right-click and select "Add Driver" to add a Serial DF1 driver.