Siemens LOGO!Soft V8 Help

minibarrow

Hello All,

I am using Siemens LOGO!Soft V8 to write a program and am unsure of where the function is fo the CTU as seen in the attached picture.

I am doing the dreaded BATCH MIXER PLC and everyone seems to do this using the LogixPro, but I am required to cay out this in LOGO!Soft.

Also what would I use to replicate a flow meter...would this be the pulse generator function?

All help and assitance would be much appeciated.

CTU.png

Welcome,
This is an Allen Bradley RSLogix counter, there is an equivilent in the LOGO but it will look nothing like the RSlogix counter, you need to use the count up/down counter function then double click it to set up. It is self explanitory how to use it, however I would obtain and read the manual.

Steve

I am doing a PLC Program for a course and am looking for a function to act as a pulse generator for a flow meter and a counter that will count these pulses to 10 then reset to 1 as a high/low sensor.

Please see below fo better understanding:

Use LOGO to design and build the above system, using function block or ladder logic, which will control the operation as follows:
The pulses generated by flow meter 1 (B5: pulse generator) should be used to increment the counter (B6: Up/down). Tank level full is when the counter function on = 10 and tank low level is when counter off = 1. These values can be used as feedback to control the pumps (instead of the high/low level sensors shown above) and can be called the ‘tank high/low level count indicator’