No device is responding as the online active keeper on this network

hammed

Hello everyone.

Please I need help with configuration on my rsnetworx for controlnet. I get a message that says "No device is responding as the online active keeper on this network" when I try to download to network on the rsnetworx for controlnet.

Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_20200228_182224.jpg

Hello everyone.

Please I need help with configuration on my rsnetworx for controlnet. I get a message that says "No device is responding as the online active keeper on this network" when I try to download to network on the rsnetworx for controlnet.

Any help will be appreciated.

The online active keeper should be the lowest address - in this case, address 1

If it is not the active keeper (since it has no config, or whatever) you have a problem. Try removing the Controlnet card from the rack, or just disconnecting the coax from it. If address 2 has a valid config you should be able to download. When all is good, you can add address 1 back in and ... if I remember correctly .. the same config in all of the other controlnet nodes will trigger node 1 to copy the running config of the next address up (2,3,4, whatever)

It`s been a while since I`ve configured a controlnet without a valid keeper ... so if this does not work, post again.

Been a while since I changed anything on a Controlnet, but as I recall "Scheduling" went something like this:

-PLCs should have required I/O configuration
-All devices should have node numbers configured, be powered up, and connected to network
-All controllers that use the network need to be in program mode.

Open up RSNetworx for Controlnet
Browse and go online to the desired network.
Go file-save which will prompt you to "schedule" the network. Say yes.
Put your processors back to run mode.