Success

congrats! a story like that makes it even more awesome to pick up the degree!

you have something to be proud of there!

Thanks for the Encouraging words everyone. I also wanted to share this with you. http://www.envisionexperience.com/explore-our-programs/nylf-engineering-and-technology#photos

I worked with this program last year and it's just one of many we do at Georgia Tech but I had a blast working with these high school kids a few of them with situations like mine at their age.

I felt like they were really able to relate with me since these are high school students. If I helped just one of them see he or she could be successful then mission accomplished.

I wish I had been involved in a program like this at that age but I guess mine was better in some ways as it was the school of hard knocks real deal.

I think we need more programs like this and better access to them because there is so much opportunity in this industry but it's not an easy path to get into it IMHO.

Congratulations again. I thought you had the right stuff to make it, and you have proven that many times over. As you rise higher and higher, don't forget your roots, where you came from. Being humble is not just good practice, it is also smart.

Congratulations on your achievements. Reading it has certainly helped push me back towards starting my degree next year part time :)

Congratulations! Your story is a testament to the fact that anyone can make it if they just keep trying.

I'd love to buy you lunch if you find yourself in Gainesville.

Congratulations on ALL of your accomplishments!

Good luck with your future goals.

Thank you for your contributions and posts. Your combined knowledge of IT and PLC is helpful.

I am happy to report that I succeeded in acomplishing my goal of getting my EE Degree. I graduated May 2nd 2015 with my BSEE.

This has been very rough the last few years and so many times I wanted to give up and quit.

So many times I wanted to throw in the towel but people here always helped me and encouraged me in the public forum and many by PM.

And THAT is why we do this. Congratulations.

What an inspiring story!

You've definitely learned the value of keeping your head up and pushing forward regardless. The setbacks have given you wisdom way beyond your years. Great Job. Your family should be very proud.