Password protect a button in Factory talk view ?

passwordg

Is that possible ?
I figured out how to lock a specific screen using security levels but I'm not sure how to lock a single element on a page.

I'm using a panelview plus.

You can use the security level of the user to set the Visibility of the object. So if the user has code B then display the button if they don't have B then it is not visible.

You can use the security level of the user to set the Visibility of the object. So if the user has code B then display the button if they don't have B then it is not visible.

Use this expression in the Animation>Visibility of the button to allow security code A access
Code:
CurrentUserHasCode( A )

If you do use the visibility method, it's best to also put an image (grayed out version) of the button behind; could also use a button that is not assigned tags. When your secure button is hidden/invisible then at least the operator can see that a button should be there but they do not have access.

In FTView ME 8.20 you can use the signature feature on buttons, but that can get annoying to force a user password each time you use the button.

... it's best to also put an image (grayed out version) of the button behind; could also use a button that is not assigned tags. When your secure button is hidden/invisible then at least the operator can see that a button should be there but they do not have access.

This guy gets it! I HATE visibility that just disappears leaving you with no idea of functionality that actually exists.

8.2 has a disable tab on buttons. This will grey out the button like Windows.

Yes, FTView SE has a disable tab; but does not have the Signature feature.
FTView ME has the Signature feature, but does not have the disable tab.

Even the same button objects in FTViewME that have the signature feature (maintained PB, latched PB, numeric input) do not have that tab when used in FTViewSE.
...go figure?!?