1734-aent/A vs 1734-aent/B

passwordg

Few questions regarding Rockwell controls...

Does the "/A" or "/B" suffix mean series A or series B ?
Is there a hardware difference ? Can I replace a /A with a /B or vice versa if one had gone down ? This would help with inventory.
In the screenshot why would the previous engineer use two different ones in the same IO tree ? I can only find manuals on Series B but nothing for series A.

Thanks.

Series A or B.jpg

Last edited:
As long as compatabilty is checked under the properties a B should be able to replace an A but I don't think a B can replace a B. I did have a problem with a C version working with a B but I do not believe that compatablity was checked on the controller.

Similar Topics

Hi All, Have got a problem which i first thought to be a network problem but now starting to think we have got a broken 1734-AENT PointIO unit...
Replies
Views
Hello. My facility has Point IO modules (on a separate cabinet) which is connected to a controllogix PLC via 1756-EN2T module. We lost...
Replies
Views
Hello, There is a small test rig in our work which is sometimes salvaged for parts. The test rig is connected to a small robot used for training...
Replies
Views
I had a 1734-AENT point IO adapter go bad. It was a series A F/W 3.006 I order a replacement, however it was a 1734-AENT series A F/W 1.033 I...
Replies
Views
As part of a start up alarm handling routine we use GSV to return the Entry status for each AENT on the network. All but one unit takes around...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom