How to do modbus mapping & addressing

IdealDan

Hi Friends.

Who could show me kindness please!

I need someone to help me make a little video on Modbus Mapping and Addressing.
I need to know:
1. How to use Modbus Card to Pull out data from one OEM PLC (Siemens S7-300) into another OEM PLC (MELSEC-Q series)

2. How to use Modbus Card to pull data from a flow computer (eg Flow Web or flow boss)into a PLC

Video could be sent to [email protected]

I'll really appreciate please
Thanks in advance

I think we're off to a bad start... Siemens doesn't have a modbus card.
They do however have Modbus solution by software.
Is this via ethernet or RS485,232,42??
Did you have a look at this?
https://support.industry.siemens.co...cation-with-a-fx3u/180467/?page=0&pageSize=10
Cardosocea, Thanks for being kind.

Via ETHERNET Bro.
We are to use Mitsubishi QJ71MT91 TCP/IP for a project.
SCADA project with many sites having different PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley, GE, Emerson etc). So the idea is to pull data from those different PLCs into MELSEC Q series/M2M RTU and then send out data to the Main control centre.

I want to know how to do Modbus Mapping/Addressing and Configuration to enable me pull out data and send to Q series.

Please you could reference the Mitsubishi QJ71MT91 to assist me or any other Modbus so I can get the basics.

I'll really appreciate this honestly bro!

It seems that you make the assumption that all those PLCs support Modbus TCP and that surely is not true

It seems that you make the assumption that all those PLCs support Modbus TCP and that surely is not true
You are right bro,

some will take Modbus Serial, Then those without Modbus capabilities will be tagged as obsolete and be replacement.

I need just a basic idea of Modbus Mapping/Addressing and Configuration in a screen shot or a small video, Can you help me please?

I'll be grateful!!!

Modbus Mapping/Addressing, if any, is specific to each brand and model of PLC. You should examine the manual of each of them.

Last edited:
Modbus Mapping/Addressing, if any, is specific to each brand and model of PLC. You should examine the manual of each of them.
Yes, But If I can at least get the generic understanding of how to, it will help me to understand the manuals better.
I'm already going through manual but can't get hold of the precise procedure. Can you help please

GE, Emerson etc). So the idea is to pull data from those different PLCs into MELSEC Q series/M2M RTU and then send out data to the Main control centre.

I don't know the topology of your plant or your SCADA system, but a lot of SCADA systems come with comms drivers out of the box for plenty of CPUs... thus making the implementation easier on the SCADA side than Modbus'ing your way into the MELSEC PLC.

But, I do not know your topology, SCADA or licensing type (mind you that IGS driver now brings everything out of the box).

first i don't know much about Siemens/Mits Modbus RTU,TCPIP.

just few question

you using SCADA software that unable or not capable to communicate directly to S7-300 with any type of method communication?

are the Main Control Centre is SCADA?

are your Q series are main master PLC? or it just new additional PLC act for reading only?

are you using Q series polling data from S7-300 to control few process?

present the S7-300 are not on line with SCADA?

why you need sends data to Q series? not to SCADA?

as cardosocea mention what design topology present on your site

I need just a basic idea of Modbus Mapping/Addressing and Configuration in a screen shot or a small video, Can you help me please?

I'll be grateful!!!

I understand where you are coming from Dan. How to begin.

I have read all the links (many I have seen before) and I understand much better now how Modbus is supposed to work. The fundamentals.

But if I had to sit down and write out a Modbus program, I wouldn't know where to start. Big grey area there. I can write program don't get me wrong, 5000, 500, Idec, National instruments. You get the idea. But I don't know how to write out Modbus. That being said someone will come along and say "It's the same as........." and we will of course feel like Derp's

I have to write a program in the fall that will communicate with a burner control, along with all the warnings, failure notices, ect. In Modbus with a PLC and HMI

I have been trying to figure out how to put into a program for about three weeks now as side work, but I am completely clueless on what the program would look like.

So Dan, I feel ya. and if I figure it out, I send you my notes and some code to get started.