FactoryTalk View SE Edtion (Network) problem

klck

Hi all,

I am trying to perform a backup and restore step for my FTView project. I have tried all the steps given in the manual which is backup from FactoryTalk Administration Console for the .bak file and also the using the HMI Server Backup and Restore to restore the project folder.

However, when after I complete the restoring process, none of my displays can be opened. An factory talk view studio pop up came out with the description :C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5.\85S709W3\"display name[1].gfx" appears. May I know where did I did wrongly in the restoring process?

Another thins is I created an Events under the Logic and Control section, but when I tried to enable the events by clicking the "Run Startup Components" in the HMI server's properties, I instantly got the error "Event Detector: All events for the components 'Events' are disabled", thus my events are not working. Is there anyting that I missed out here?

Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum! While I can't address the specifics of your problem, rest assured that you are not alone, and it is quite possible you did everything exactly right.

Do you have a techconnect contract with Allen Bradley? If not, I highly recommend getting support at least for that product. I wouldn't dream of trying to use any a/b scada software without paying for support.

There are thousand of tech notes available at ab.com dealing with issues caused by all species of FactoryBalk. This is why it is sometimes hard to get quick replies. It takes a lot of time and aspirin to wade through the possibilities.

Hang in there, though...and go check the ab know-base (you can see a fraction of the tech notes even without a $upport contract). You do have to register first, but that's painless and very worthwhile.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....answers%2Flist%2Fkw%2FFactoryTalk%20View%20SE

Paul