EGD Communication in PAC Systems

jawad rasool

Hi,

I'm dealing with GE Fanuc PAC Systems (Rx7i and Rx3i).

There is a Rx7i based Main Rack and another Rx3i based Remote IO Rack.

I've to access the information of DI Modules in Remote IO rack from Main Rack via EGD. Can someone let me know what steps should I perform?

First you'll need to enable/install the EGD component in both your processors.

On the PLC that you wish to monitor, create a Produced Exchange. You'll be asked to define the data (or tags) that you want to make available to another PLC. Look at the object inspector where you'll define the broadcast type and possibly the destination IP address.

On the other PLC, create a Consumed Exchange and duplicate the information that is in the previously defined Produced Exchange you created. Also complete the objects inspector fields that are requires (source IP address,etc).

And of course you can reverse the produced and consumed exchanges with the same PLCs.

That's the basics of it but they can be temperamental in that if not properly defined, the s/w won't tell you what is wrong - it just won't work.