FTV SE VBA Display Names

JonAW

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question.

I can't seem to be able to change the display names in vba. All my screens (in VBA) are named DisplayCode.ThisDisplay. Is there anyway I can change this so I can reference items on another display?

thanks

Jonny

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question.

I can't seem to be able to change the display names in vba. All my screens (in VBA) are named DisplayCode.ThisDisplay. Is there anyway I can change this so I can reference items on another display?

thanks

Jonny

Yes. Reference the other display by name, it has to have a unique name in the project.

In VBA on the display that you want to reference from, declare the following as globals:

Code:
Dim oDS As Displays
Dim oMyOtherWindow as Display

Then resolve them at the start of animation...

Code:
Public Sub Display_AnimationStart()

Set oDS = LoadedDisplays
   Set oMyOtherWindow = oDS.Item("MyOtherWindowName")

End Sub
To use or reference any item on your other display, use the dereferenced object:

Code:
oMyOtherWindow.SomeButton.Caption = "New Caption"

FTView goes out of its way to make any simple task difficult.

Last edited:
Thanks RDRast. I've already tried to rename the DisplayCode to another name but when I exit the VBA editer and open it again the name reverts back to DisplayCode. have you any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks rd, I've just come across another post on the forum by yourself that I'm following through now.

I was following the naming of the macros in the VBA editor which lead me to believe the DisplayCode needed to change. Anyway I'm on the right path now.

thanks again.

Jonny

I like Change the Display Name in VBA from DisplayCode to a other Name for reference. I displayed always a Header, in the Header i created same Moduls and now i will use the moduls from all other Display. is it posible?