You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 7th, 2019, 09:48 PM   #1
Peter Nachtwey
United States

I/we will be giving a presentation at the NFPC in Nottingham, UK

This will be a whole day event. Our regional sales manager, from Edinburgh, will give presentations about local applications. Two of us from the state will give 50 minutes presentations.
My representations will be about designing hydraulic servo systems and hydraulic servo control.

Some of the information will be basic but some will go beyond what you can learn from the professors.
https://deltamotion.com/pdf/nfpc_tech_seminar.pdf
Old September 8th, 2019, 04:17 AM   #2
L D[AR2,P#0.0]
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

When is this please?
Old September 8th, 2019, 04:55 AM   #3
Pablox
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L D[AR2,P#0.0] View Post
When is this please?
Click the link in the post.

It's September 25th.
Old September 8th, 2019, 09:24 AM   #4
paraffin power
England

I'm going
Old September 9th, 2019, 02:31 AM   #5
parky
United Kingdom

I would have liked to go but I'm in Thailand then, however I believe an old colleague of mine might attend.
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:15 AM   #6
Peter Nachtwey
United States

The seminar is canceled due to lack of interest.
I had posted a previous post asking if this was the right place to give a presentation. Now we know.
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:38 PM   #7
V0N_hydro
Canada

Let us know if you are planning an event in the pacific north west I would certainly attend
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:47 PM   #8
rwatson
Scotland

That is a shame. I would have liked to go, but will be commissioning overseas that week.
Old September 11th, 2019, 02:07 PM   #9
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0N_hydro View Post
Let us know if you are planning an event in the pacific north west I would certainly attend
We have advanced training at Delta twice a year, but those trainings are more for how to use the advanced features of the RMC.

However, I was planning on going even deeper at the NPFC seminar. I was going to make it more like a college seminar than a product training.
Old September 11th, 2019, 02:19 PM   #10
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwatson View Post
That is a shame. I would have liked to go, but will be commissioning overseas that week.
Can I/we show a video some of the magic you do?
It isn't PLC related but the math and control is significant.

BTW, it was the NFPC that cancelled the presentation because they didn't get enough people. It was good they cancelled when they did because we are going to ship our 6 DOF Stewart platform and that would have been expensive shipping it for nothing.

Now I am stuck with tickets that can't be refunded. I have spent two weeks on power points. I am not happy.

I don't think I will try to do anything like this again except by video streaming.
Old September 11th, 2019, 02:53 PM   #11
rwatson
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nachtwey View Post
Can I/we show a video some of the magic you do?
It isn't PLC related but the math and control is significant.

BTW, it was the NFPC that cancelled the presentation because they didn't get enough people. It was good they cancelled when they did because we are going to ship our 6 DOF Stewart platform and that would have been expensive shipping it for nothing.

Now I am stuck with tickets that can't be refunded. I have spent two weeks on power points. I am not happy.

I don't think I will try to do anything like this again except by video streaming.
Feel free to use the video. We just did a machine with 2 additional servo axes in the wrist which enables us to do some pretty neat stuff. I will be commissioning it in Italy from the 20th.

Any chance of you releasing your powerpoint or doing a seminar on youtube?
Old September 11th, 2019, 11:19 PM   #12
Peter Nachtwey
United States

The power points would require some explanation so the power points by themselves may not be that useful
However there are options.
I write the motion control articles for Hydraulics and Pneumatics Magazine
The is the latest article but there is a whole series of article that would make a good hydraulic design course.
https://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com...ion-using-vccm
The previous article was on cylinder sizing.
A lot is based on Jack Johnson's work but I have moved the theory to how it should actually be used. We sell hydraulic servo controllers so theory is good but it must also work.

The hydraulic control theory part can be found on my Peter Ponders' PID YouTube channel. However, my YouTube channels covers control theory in general not just hydraulic control theory.

Delta does have the capability to stream lectures or seminars to to YouTube. YouTube says qualified me for that. However, I am not happy with YouTube's politics and censoring. I may just keep videos on our website. We have green screen and all sort of video capabilities.
It is just that my power points were made using data from my Mathcad software. I wouldn't bother with powerpoints if I were streaming live video. I would use my Mathcad. YouTube also provide the ability for those that are watching the streaming to make comments. That would be good. Many years ago I did a GotoMeeting seminar, only two people showed up. I was disappointed so I haven't done one since.
Old September 12th, 2019, 12:40 AM   #13
tarik1978
Morocco

Peter I feel your pain why not doing webinars like https://www.plantservices.com/on-demand-webinars
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum