AB to unity

davexr

Hello all, i was tasked with recreating a program from a slc 500 to a unity m340. i think i have figured most of the things out but am having a problem with the AB NEQ translation. i have in AB a B3:4 (0000000000000000) source A and 0 Source B in the NEQ function. i have an array of 16 ebools that i created in unity B34[0]-B34[15]. i can't seem to figure out how to compare this with 0. any help would be greatly appreciated.

B3:4 is a word (16 bits) and B3:4/0 is bit level, I'm not familiar with unity but if in the AB the word B3:4 is used at bit level as well then you will either use a 16 bit word in unity providing it can be addressed at bit level or transfer the bits into a word variable for the compare. I'm sure there other people here that know Unity that can help.

Like parky said, move it into a word and then compare the word.

Use the MOVE_AREBOOL_INT function in the base library.

Select from properties array propeties, then you can use move_arebool_int or copy_arebool_to* blocks and after conversion compare

ps. Iner was faster

bit_array1.jpg bit_array2.jpg bit_array3.jpg

Probably too late now but Schneider have a piece of software that will convert AB to Unity Pro, never seen it in action but they reckon for in rack DIO, AIO jobs it will pretty much convert straight over.

Probably too late now but Schneider have a piece of software that will convert AB to Unity Pro, never seen it in action but they reckon for in rack DIO, AIO jobs it will pretty much convert straight over.

Just to confirm we have used this conversion tool on a project. Not ourselves but sent the AB file to Schneider and they converted it.
I didnt do anything to program and all worked 100%

Have also used this tool once before. Cost us $2k NZ for the conversion service. Only a few minor mods required to make it work with a slightly different M340 I/O config. The major issue is that Unity ladder editor is hideous. We essentially re-wrote most of the code in FBD after the changeover was completed, in small chunks while online.

But, it did let us convert a system with over 300 I/O in under 2 days, which would have taken much longer if we had to test code as well. I wanted to use the wiring adapters but they had nothing for 32 DI or DO cards which I thought was a bit odd.