Can't Connect compact logix using USB

RockyNivas

Hi All,

I am using compact Logix 1769-L33ER. I am facing issues while connecting it with the laptop using USB. But when I go with the Ethernet it works great.
It's always saying "Failed to go online with the controller" when I go with the USB. Please advice to fix this USB issue.

Thanks in advance.

You will require a rs232 - Usb converter if you are trying to connect via a 9 pin on the PLC if that model has one.
You can't connect directly with a USB/ttl cable.

You will require a rs232 - Usb converter if you are trying to connect via a 9 pin on the PLC if that model has one.
You can't connect directly with a USB/ttl cable.

It a USB port on that controller.

OT: Try another lead. Any USB printer cable will do.

It a USB port on that controller.

OT: Try another lead. Any USB printer cable will do.

I have tried with different cables in different laptops (but same VM image). Still I am facing the same issue. It was connected once and I have changed the USB port in the laptop, it failed again. I have tried again with the USB port which it got connected, but It didn't make it.

What are you using to play the VM? Are you sure the USB connection to the CPU is connected to the VM an not the host machine?

This may help
if you are using a VM machine then you must make sure that the USB device is passed through from the host to the VM machine. in the newer VM machines any USB devices must be disconnected from the host and connected to the VM \You may need to install a driver on the VM machine for the device.
then in the VM open Rslinx and add an driver for the USB
if the Logix processor is connected to the USB cable it should show up in list of connected devices

I had many problems connecting my CompactLogix to RSLinx.

Then I realized I was using an USB HUB which is not USB 3.0 compliant. When I connected the PLC to the PC directly it worked normally.