RS 5000: Use OneShotRising in ST?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using RS 5000 v30. I am trying to use the OSRI AOI to detect a Rising Edge.

OSR_EnableACC is of Type FBD_ONESHOT

EnableACC is what I want to detect the Rising Edge on.

Here is my Code
Code:
OSR_EnableACC.InputBit = EnableACC;

OSRI(OSR_EnableACC);

IF OSR_EnableACC.OutputBit Then
    //Do Somthing
END_IF;
I am getting a
Error: Line 1, ';': Unexpected.

2020-03-09_10-40-54.png

I'm not well versed on Rockwell's structured text, but if it follows IEC61131 then you need to use := as the assignment operator.

Code:
OSR_EnableACC.InputBit := EnableACC;

I'm not well versed on Rockwell's structured text, but if it follows IEC61131 then you need to use := as the assignment operator.

Code:
OSR_EnableACC.InputBit := EnableACC;
šŸ™ƒ that was the problem. It's been awhile since I used ST.

I forgot about it's weird PASCAL like syntax.

Curious - why not DIY:

Code:
if (condition & not OneShot) then
   // do something
end_if;
OneShot := condition;

Curious - why not DIY:

Code:
if (condition & not OneShot) then
   // do something
end_if;
OneShot := condition;

Well I have done that in the past, and might still do it. But I am trying to reinvent the wheel less.

AB doesn't have plain User Defined Functions does it? Just FBs aka AOIs.

I'm gonna start a new thread about Functions.

Last edited: