HMI clean screen setup

Why not just press and hold an unused area of the screen.
Then wipe down the rest. I saw an operator struggling to
clean the screen and suggested that. He was very happy.

+1 KISS method
Switch to the cleaning screen. Hold down the button for a predetermined time to return to the machine running screens.

As far as creating the function in the HMI, I am not aware of any way to do that in C-More. If there is, please let me know how.
If you want to get rid of the PLC and timers, using C-more (and probably many other brands), one approach can be having a "cleaning screen" with a numeric entry and a "Screen Change Pushbutton" (to go back to the a "normal "screen ).
In the "screen change" button properties window, go to the Option tab, check "Object Visibility Option" and select an internal (integer) tag that you created for this purpose, and enter a value you want the operator to enter to make the screen change button visible (and select '='). Use the same tag for the numeric entry.
Add the corresponding instructions for the operator, so they will enter any number different than the "make visible number", then the screen page button will disappear and they can clean the screen for all the time they need. Then, they can enter the "correct number" in the numeric entry and the screen page button will be visible again.
Is faster to do it than to explain it, and yes, there is a lot of variations of this method. :)

Thanks to everyone for the input.

We have several different models of HMI's and PLC's in our plant.

Standardization doesn't exist. After considering everything, I have decided to use the KISS method as described.

A "Clean Screen" pushbutton to open a blank screen with a "Return" button on it. The return button will have a delay before returning to main screen.

This will work across all makes and models.

Everyone please take care.

A "Clean Screen" pushbutton to open a blank screen with a "Return" button on it. The return button will have a delay before returning to main screen.
This will work across all makes and models.
Are you keeping the PLC code associated with it? If not, I'm curious about how you are going to implement the delay for the C-more, since the screen change button doesn't have a delay.

Elcan,

You are correct. There is no delay on a screen change button.

Looks like plan B is in place. This will take longer than I had hoped now.

Have to research each HMI and each PLC to get a working situation.

Looks like some form of my test logic will have to be incorporated into each machine.

I don't mind. Grateful to still be working.

Elcan,

You are correct. There is no delay on a screen change button.

Looks like plan B is in place. This will take longer than I had hoped now.

Have to research each HMI and each PLC to get a working situation.

Looks like some form of my test logic will have to be incorporated into each machine.

I don't mind. Grateful to still be working.

Why not just pressing and holding an unused area of the screen, like Caveman said?

Also, I'd prefer to implement the "cleaning code" only on the HMI program, than adding PLC code AND HMI code (buttons, etc.).

If your HMI can handle logical expressions in the change screen, maybe you could have them press two buttons (placed in opposite corners) to return to the machine screens?