Rockwell Control Flash

maxfli11

I'm attempting to flash all my 193-ECM-ETR E300's to the latest version. I have mostly first gen. series A Rev 5's. I have a few Rev 6's in spares but am starting to get Series B Rev 7's in as replacements. I'm wanting to flash all my units to the latest Rev, but I'm having a hard time with control flash. The 193-ECM-ETR is not showing up in my catalog to flash. I've downloaded everything I can find on rockwells support site but nothing is helping. I need a step by step I guess. Any experience with this?? Help

What version of Control Flash are you using? You should be able to specify what folder to browse for the firmware file when you're at the catalog. It loads into the catalog as "E300 Overload Relay".

1. Download firmware file (.dmk)
2. Note folder location of firmware file
3. Open Control Flash (I'm using v15.01.00)
4. At catalog, select "Browse"
5. Select "Add" and enter folder path hosting firmware files and select "OK"
6. Search Catalog for "E300 Overload Relay"

Ok, I have to upgrade in steps. There are two updates since mine and it won't
upgrade to latest all t once. Now my issue is;
Says device is not in the proper mode to accept update.
Understand, this unit is on a test rack setup on my test bench. It's not attached to a process, no code is written for it. I don't understand mode. The dial are at 0.0.0. and the I.P. is static set.

In my limited experience (MicroLogix 1100), firmware updates happen only via serial line e.g. RS-232.

IP address does not come into it.

After you updated it did you cycle power? can you still see it via Ethernet? if you updated and it lost the static IP address you may need to use the switches to set the IP again then update to a newer one

If you're on test bench why not just do factory reset, assign temporary IP, upgrade firmware, reassign permanent static IP address?

1. Factory Reset: set dials to 8-8-8 and cycle power
2. Assign static IP: set dials to number between 001-254. This will assign static IP of 192.168.1.XXX (XXX = dial combination). Cycle power again for IP to register
3. You should be able to add the device in RS Linx using the new IP address now and Control Flash should work
4. After firmware upgrade, assign final IP address and deploy

I got it. I had to disconnect it from the rack processor. It evidently was interacting with it. Thanks all. And yes it does set the I.P. back to default after flash.