Connecting to compactlogix via usb

stu

Hi guys
I'm trying to connect to a compactlogix 33er via usb but I can see it in the usb in linx do I need to update rslinx?
Or the Ed's files

Doesn't the plus icon with the word USB automatically pop up? Make sure your usb port is enabled. You are using the standard printer usb cable, correct?

What version of RSlinx are you using? The newerish versions should install the PC drivers and everything you need and it will create it own USB driver in Linx.

Its actually extremely fast - quite the contrary.
Don't use the USB that is displayed in Linx - use the Virtual Backplane option - it will automatically populate your USB connected devices - the USB that is shown in the tree seldom works in my experience
I use this very often - the initial connection takes up to 30 seconds to illustrate - it also seems to lock up linx at the same time - be patient - once it is illustrated, you can drill into the processor/backplane

it takes forever to recognize the device when using usb. sometimes I wait about a minute and then unplug and replug and it seems to populate right away.