Beckhoff - Keep getting disconnected from PLC when logged in

Hi,

In the last month me and collegues have experienced problems when connecting to Beckhoff PLCs with Visual Studio. After logging in and waiting for a few seconds, this error appears:
No connection to device. Please rescan your network.

After a few seconds more, it's possible to reconnect. This cycle continues on, and makes it extremly difficult to get work done as you get thrown out of the PLC so often. The connection is via RJ45 cable, and this happens with multiple PLCs - so I'm suspecting that the error is in VS or a network adapter on my computer.

Sounds like an issue with your connection hardware. Are you connecting direct from your PC to the controller? Did you try a different Ethernet cable?

Hi,

It seems like updating the TwinCAT XAE installation fixed the problem. I also updated Visual Studio but that did not seem to have any effect.

I have had exactly similar issue in the past. I just updated drivers of my laptop network card and since then everything has been fine