DLR Tool

huangshuai

Hello, when I use the DLR Tool, the display screen is only the main administrator and the backup administrator, that is, 1783-ETAP and the controller. Other devices on the ring network do not appear or only one. List all the devices on the ring network, has anyone encountered this situation, thank you

微信图片_20200508091542.jpg

DLR tool just a display of information that is provided by the active supervisor.
Supervisor takes this information from sign-on message.
You should try to see if you can make another device as a supervisor (Compactlogix for example) to see if it shows more devices.

If issue still exist then it means DLR sign-on message is not going through.
Most likely is because you have non-DLR capable device within the ring. Specifically one after the drive.
What is FC-301 drive? who makes it? Is it DLR capable or just has two ports?

Edit:
I see that FC-301 is Danfoss. You need to check that board is configured for DLR. I bet it's not.

Last edited:
00:1B:08 is also a MAC address range that is registered to Danfoss.

It's interesting that it has an icon in this utility that looks so similar to PowerFlex ! That must be because it identifies as an "AC Drive Device".

Danfoss has a two-port EtherNet/IP option module for the "Automation Drive" product line, the MCA-121. The user manual shows a ring connection method, but specifies that it uses Spanning Tree Protocol or Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol.

STP and RSTP are common and straightforward, but are too slow for automation purposes, which is why so many switch vendors (including Cisco/RA) created their own fast ring protocols.

It's my guess that the Danfoss ring connection feature was confused for Device-Level Ring feature support.

Danfoss_Ring.PNG

If I recall DLR tool uses RSlinx device icons, so whatever Danfoss is using is there.
Danfoss is actually listed some DLR options, but I am not sure if these apply to the specific model of the drive and/or need to be enabled.

I am using a Danfoss FC-301 series inverter, but I uploaded his icon wrong, there is no problem with the eds logo file

DLR Tool

Thanks to Contr_Conn, g clshortt, and Roach ’s answer, I found that the 1783-ETAP switch does not support the STP protocol and RSTP protocol. 1783-ETAP is the main monitor, and it is unlikely to display information about Danfoss inverters in the DLR Tool. There are 10 ring networks on my side. Each ring network also displays only the main monitor and the standby monitor. It may be an accident that there is an extra device on this ring network link.

2020-05-09_150132.png

Display is the last thing that you should be worrying about right now.
The network is the real issue.
It looks like you are mixing two ring protocols on a single network with devices supporting one or another but not both.
As I stated, you can't enable DLR (supervisors) unless all ring participants support DLR. This is not you your case, drives most likely can't support DLR.
So DLR (and DLR tool) are out of picture. Also please note that not all Stratix 5700 support DLR.
STP or RSTP can be used between switches, but these are not device level protocols, these used for switches.
Controller and ETAP don't support spanning tree it for sure.
I am sure that drives most likely can't support spanning tree directly.

So your network may appear to work, but in reality they just in the mode there one failure will cause control loss at best.
Networks are not Lego sets, then should be designed.