Small Printer that can print via PLC command?

FNC

I have a customer that wants to print data anytime someone presses a button for a batch addition. They want to print quantities, person's name, etc.

Does anyone know of any Printer that can print from a PLC command?

Zebra supposedly has some EIP printers but Ive never dabbled with them.

I still use the tried and true panel mount printers that have RS232 and just send my ASCii strings to them that way. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I've done it on Micro800 platform, Micrologix, Compactlogix 5380's, all the same general idea but they all have their differences for sure.

I'd recommend looking into Omniprint printers, you can get them in 24VDC power if you ask and they are simple to wire, simple to install into the panel cutout, simple to set baud, nice little units for being pretty inexpensive.

Another option for the receipt-style printer is the Epson dot matrix TM-U220B series. We have a dozen of these in service and have found them to be bulletproof. We've controlled them from a MicroLogix PLC and Red Lion HMI (ASCII commands over RS-232) with zero problems. Inexpensive to purchase, paper and ribbons are cheap too. I think they make millions of these for the restaurant industry so they have to be rugged. Just avoid the direct thermal printers since the printing will fade over time.

https://epson.com/For-Work/Point-of-Sale/POS-Printers/TM-U220-Receipt-Kitchen-Printer/p/C31C514653

Another option for the receipt-style printer is the Epson dot matrix TM-U220B series. We have a dozen of these in service and have found them to be bulletproof. We've controlled them from a MicroLogix PLC and Red Lion HMI (ASCII commands over RS-232) with zero problems. Inexpensive to purchase, paper and ribbons are cheap too. I think they make millions of these for the restaurant industry so they have to be rugged. Just avoid the direct thermal printers since the printing will fade over time.

https://epson.com/For-Work/Point-of-Sale/POS-Printers/TM-U220-Receipt-Kitchen-Printer/p/C31C514653

I'll second the Epson TM-220, as it has both serial and ethernet comm capabilities. And as Kolyur said, they're almost bullet proof.

It’s a damn shame they don’t seem to make anything panel mount style.

You are correct, the Omniprint I use is thermal. Which for some applications is no good.